HomeBOMEventsTeaching/SpeakingStudio HoursWebsiteEtsy

July 20, 2016

Summer Blog Hop {Day 13}


Welcome back to our {Day 13} of our Summer Blog Hop!  We have a couple more exciting days left on the hop... so enjoy today before I wrap up the hop tomorrow with my complimentary design and tasty potluck recipe!  Hopefully, we will go out with a big bang!!!!

Did you enjoy Leonie's post?  Weren't her pictures beautiful and the project fantastic?  I loved the small quilt she did in wool & cotton!  The colors are so pretty!  Here it is!!!  {Darling!}  If you missed it, just go back to yesterday's post and click her link!  It will take you right there!

Blueberries and Cream

Today on {Day 13} is Ali, from Ali Strebel Designs!  As you have heard me mention before, Ali is a one of the Kindred Spirits gals from back in the day!  We owe a lot of gratitude to her and her partner for being a big influence in the primitive world! 

Ali loves to rug hook, hold classes/teach & and is known for her mixed mediums in her designs!  She very creative, has a unique primitive style and loves working with her hands!  Be sure to read her blog as your will get inspired to try a new technique or two!  Enjoy!

Ali's Summer Tidbits!
1. Green thumb or not?  I used to do a huge amount of container gardening, but the last couple of years have cut way back. I had to have someone come water when I was traveling and it just got to be to much trouble. Now I have a few containers and add color in with my perennials
2. Average temperature where I live in the Summer?  It is usually in the 80's!
3. How do you stay cool during the Summer?  Fans!
4. Favorite Summer drink?  We had a cookout and enjoyed fireworks.
5. How did you celebrate 4th of July?  We celebrated with a cookout and fireworks.
6. What type of s’mores do you like?  Standard or?  The standard is good for me!
7. Do you frequent any farmer’s markets during the week?  Just once and awhile.
8. Favorite fruit?    Watermelon!
9. Do you do any handwork outside during the week?   I love sitting on my deck in the early morning and evenings, when it's not so hot.
10. Favorite Summer tradition?  Heading off the beach, always the beach, and watching the grandkids play baseball.
RECIPE
Whenever I head out to a cookout I always just take a big bowl of cut up fruit. Watermelon, pineapple, grapes, strawberries, etc. My grandkids love it, and I always go home with an empty bowl.

Here is a sneak peek of Ali's great designs!  I can't wait to see what she has in store for us!!!!

Here is her link to click and head to her blog for the project! 

And DON"T forget to stop back for the last hurrah on the Summer Blog Hop!!!!


{Day 1}
July 8th * Quilts by Cheri
{Day 2}
July 9th * Calico Moon
{Day 3}
July 10th * Gail Pan Designs
{Day 4}
July 11th * Heartspun Quilts
{Day 5}
July 12th * Crabapple Hill
{Day 6}
July 13th * Notforgotten Farm
{Day 7}
July 14th * Wooden Spool Designs
{Day 8}
July 15th * Plum Cute Designs
{Day 9}
July16th * Lynette Anderson Designs
{Day 10}
July 17th * Kathy Schmitz
{Day 11}
July 18th * The Cottage at Cardiff Farms
{Day 12}
July 19th Leonie Bateman Designs
{Day 13}
July 20th * Ali Strebel Designs
{Day 14}
July 21st * Buttermilk Basin

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...